Processing shall be lawful only if, and to the extent that, at least one of the following applies:
- the data subject has given consent to the processing of their personal data for one or more specific purposes;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party, or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject;
- processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the data subject, or of another natural person;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest, or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller;
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller, or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.