Before even starting a project, there are some essential issues that all developers must address, just to make sure that those projects do not cause dramatic harm to data protection issues. To this purpose, they must:
- Define the goal of the project and the data protection issues involved.
- Introduce training programmes on data protection issues for researchers.
- Consider if a legal basis applies to the processing.
- Consider if consent might serve as a basis for legal processing.
- Be aware of the range of protection of the data to be processed.